• Questing in RuneScape is somewhat different than other MMORPGs. Delve into rich storylines, where your actions have a real impact on the game world.
2. Craft Your Own Adventure
• Set yourself some goals: having an objective in RuneScape will help you create your own path within the game.
3. Use the RuneScape Wikia Page
• The RuneScape wikia page is a great resource for novice and veteran players – if you are stuck, they probably definitely have the answer.
4. Traverse the World Map
• The world map has a great filter section that allows you to search for exactly what you want in the game world.
5. The Basics of Battle
• Combat works using three combat styles in a combat triangle and system of abilities. The triangle is: Magic beats Melee, Melee beats Ranged, Range beats Magic. Every style has its own abilities, and clever use of these abilities makes a player much stronger.
6. Join a Clan
• Clans are groups of people who share a chat and (may) own a Citadel, which is a special base that’s unique to each clan.
7. The Grand Exchange
• The Grand Exchange is the market place of RuneScape – it’s automated, so buying and selling stuff takes very little effort.
8. Menaphos: The Golden City
• Journey to the Menaphos: The Golden City – RuneScape has a new expansion, a whole new city to explore and uncover for new players and veterans alike.
9. Utilize the Path System
• Find your own path – Use the Path System to choose the first steps in your journey. If you ever need a nudge in the right direction, it’ll point you to content based on your choice of three categories: questing, combat and non-combat skills.
10. Get Familiar With All the Combat Systems
• Get to know the various combat systems – experiment with Manual, Revolution, or Legacy Mode systems. Visit the Combat Academy in Lumbridge for a rewarding tutorial.